Saturday, June 19, 2010

An Introduction, of Sorts

Being a man born in the wrong place in the wrong century, I don't suppose it makes much sense that I start a blog. Naturally, that's just what I'm doing here. I'm not especially good with technology as it pertains to software and computers, but I can get by all right. On occasion I flatter myself to think I have something interesting to say.

At any rate, I have no great regard for the modern world. I dislike its traffic, its congestion and its blatant consumerism. I'm more than a little antisocial in that regard. After some consideration, I've come to believe that my generation has not yet truly had to face the kind of hardship and deprivation that made this country in the first place. We're soft - and to delude ourselves into thinking otherwise we manufacture crisis out of inconvenience.

This does not, however, mean I subscribe the idyllic versions of the past. I suppose I'm something of a revisionist history fan in some regard; the myth of a golden age in any era is a personal peeve of mine.

But - plenty of time to touch on that later. In the interim I hope I can add something to this strange online world of ours, throw out the occasional factoid, and maybe get a couple of grins in there somewhere.

Thanks for reading,
Gold River Prospector

No comments:

Post a Comment